Hohimer and Riley to Lead Discussion on Artificial Intelligence Approach to Analytics and Automation at Smart Data and Graphorum Conference 2017
Santa Monica, CA, January 23, 2017 -- DarkLight, a next generation cybersecurity analytics and automation platform, today announced that Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder, Ryan Hohimer, and Shawn Riley, Executive Vice President at The Centre for Strategic Cyberspace and Security Science, will be speaking at the Smart Data and Graphorum Conferences in San Francisco on Feb. 1 at 10:30am PT. This joint event is a premier business conference focused on smart data and machine intelligence technologies as well as graph databases, which brings together emerging disciplines that are focused on more intelligent information gathering and analysis.
Hohimer and Riley will lead a discussion on a new artificial intelligence (AI) approach to cybersecurity analytics and automation and will cover the following topics:
- The shortage of security analysts cannot keep up with the volume of alert clutter in order to take action on the most crucial threats
- A powerful new artificial intelligence approach is emerging - Description Logic Reasoning over semantic graphs of cyber events
- This artificial intelligence approach will successfully automate the reduction of false positives, enabling automated hunting and significantly reducing response times
- Unlike all other workflow-driven or machine learning-based automation tools, this patented approach more effectively models normal and abnormal user and network behavior
- This approach can infer facts and identify anomalous activity that would otherwise only be obvious to a team of security analysts
Riley is a recognized thought leader who brings 24 years of cyber security, all source cyber threat intelligence, and artificial intelligence experience, with an unparalleled understanding of the pitfalls that overtake modern security teams. Hohimer has been working with “Big Data” before “Big Data” was cool. Dealing with the challenges of managing massive data sparked his interest in metadata, Semantic Web Technologies (SWT) and Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR&R) -- which led to the development of the technology behind DarkLight's patented reasoning engine.
The Smart Data Conference will take place January 30, 2017 through February 1, 2017 in Redwood City, CA at Pullman San Francisco Bay.
About Champion Technology Company’s DarkLight
DarkLight is a next-generation cybersecurity analytic and automation platform. Driven by artificial intelligence (AI), this groundbreaking solution is a force multiplier which leverages the logic, knowledge, and reasoning of security analysts to deliver human-quality results, at scale. To learn more, please visit www.darklightcyber.com.